Monday, August 13, 2012

Today

Today . . . Ava made some "rockmen" -- complete with green grassy locks. Aren't they lovely? At first she told me she was making snowmen, but then she thought for a second and said, 
"No, Mommy. They're rockmen!" 

 I think they're cute. :)

Later on, we painted her toenails for the first time ever! We actually had to go out and buy some nail polish because I didn't have one single bottle. Are you shocked?? Well, maybe you're not. I actually don't mind painting my nails, but I probably haven't done it more than about . . . once in the entire 6+ years we've been married. Anyway, she had such fun choosing a polish color at the store, and Sam had fun riding around in the stroller and waving at everyone he could see! He loves seeing new people. :) Anyway, Ava and I landed on bubblegum pink with glass slipper for a sweet, shimmery topcoat. She said, "It's just like Cinderella's toes!"


























What I didn't document in photos today: 
- My less-than-patient demeanor while trying to make lunch for my two screaming children. 
- Sam throwing an entire bowl of applesauce on the floor which then splattered all over the carpet and about 5 feet up the walls. Great.
- Ava being disciplined for being mean to Sam and making the poor little guy cry.
- Sam pushing Ava and pulling her hair in retaliation . . . 
- and later, me reveling in the joy that is naptime.

Just wanted to keep things real. :)

3 comments:

  1. Bubblegum pink with glass slipper is PERFECT for Ava. And those are some awesome rockmen.

    I started painting my toenails this summer for the first time in years, and I have to admit, it's kind of fun. It makes me happy to look down and see a bit of color on my toes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you ended with "real" snapshots. I am going to start doing that ; ) It made the sweet photos even sweeter. Ava is so creative! Great job, Ava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the real part.... Some days are just like that. I also was a little surprised by Ava's painted nails.... Love you unpainted dainty nails!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete