Sunday, August 12, 2012

Missing Friends

One of my best friends, Megan, moved away a little over a week ago. If you know me, you know I can be a little quieter (ha) than most, so sometimes I feel like it can take me a long time to really make a close friend. Which, in some ways, I don't mind, but it does make me just that little bit more sad when someone moves away. I miss you, Megan! We are quite different, but I feel we became kindred spirits. :) I think she is my only friend who loves children's literature as much (or more!) as I do. And I just love all the conversations we've had about such things and so many others. 

It still seems funny that they are really gone, but I hope and pray for their family to thrive their new city, Evanston, IL. They moved to pastor a church there, and I pray that their ministry will be truly blessed.  I miss them all -- the whole family! But, I know we will see each other again.


Their son, Drew, is Ava's friend. Really, he was her first friend. Drew is just about 8 months older than Ava, so he's been in her life since she was born! They've had so many fun times at church and weekly playgroup and really are just sweet little friends. I had all these cute pictures of them, so I just had to post them. Memories, you know. :)

At Drew's 1st birthday in 2009. With Sophie, too!

Playing at Ava's 1st Birthday.

Ava, Drew, & Henry playing with balloons at Ava's 2nd birthday party.

Superfriends!


A day in April . . . digging in the dirt and other exciting activities. 


These last ones were all taken on their last day in CO. The kids had fun playing all day while we finished packing up the house!

Ava and Drew were pretending that Sam was a monster trying to catch them. Lots of running and screeching in the back yard! I must say, Sam did an excellent job of growling and chasing them. He's a pro.

But they all got together for a picture for me. Cuties!

Their parting words?
Drew: "Next time you come, let's play swords!"
Ava: "Okay! Swords of truth!" 
^^ (ha! I have no idea where that came from.)
(Hugs)
Ava: "I love you, Drew."
Drew: "I love you, too."


Scott, Megan, Anna, Sophie, & Drew . . . can't wait to see you in December! Praying for you.

2 comments: