Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Boy and his Bear

Meet Mr. Bear. :) He's a Gund bear, and a rather old one in fact! Isn't he cute in his little winter hat? I actually bought him for my brother, Matthew, as kind of a silly Christmas gift in about . . . 2000? 2001? Somewhere around there. And then I stole him back when Matthew neglected to take poor Mr. Bear with him to college! I mean, really, it would have been Toy Story 3 all over again, right? I couldn't have that. Soooo, thanks, Uncle Matthew! Sam is very grateful for your sacrifice -- which you may or may not know you made. Hmm.

Sam LOVES this bear. Our Sammy Boy used to have a very hard time falling asleep when he was a wee little one, so we gave him Mr. Bear to have as a familiar friend in his crib. It worked! Some of you parents out there might be crying, "Sleep prop!" And, well, yes . . . it was. Oh, well. :)


-- 7/7/11 - 4 months old --
This was probably not too long after Sam and Mr. Bear met, AND, coincidentally, the first time I caught Sam sucking his thumb while sleeping. Cutie patootie.


-- 7/14/11 - still 4 months! --
Just one week later . . . look how they've bonded! Awwww . . . and look how white and fluffy Mr. Bear is! Nowadays he's not so white and fluffy, but his frequent trips through the washing machine do help a little.

(Which just reminded me of this!)
Ha! :)



 -- 8/10/11 - 5 months old --
Mr. Bear is great for long trips in the car, too! I think this was taken during our drive out to Utah to see Adam's family. :) Look at that happy boy!


-- 8/10/11 --
And, of course, Mr. Bear has spent a lot of time getting drooled on. If you've met Sam, you probably know that he puts everything in his mouth. EVERYTHING. It's funny, because Ava hardly ever put anything in her mouth, but Sam's like, "Mmmm . . . rocks! Potting soil! Paper! Sharp objects! Delicious!" Hoping the phase will pass someday. Yikes.


-- 2/3/12 - 11 months old (exactly!) --
Just playing with Mr. Bear at Great Grandma Stewart's house. And looking rather serious! 


-- 2/16/12 - 11.5ish months old --
Naptime!


-- 2/26/12 - nearly 12 months --
I think this was a Sunday. Sam was having a meltdown before we left for church because he was SO tired . . . so the kids and I never made it to church and Sam took a nap -- still in his jacket and button-down shirt and all! And with Mr. Bear, of course. At least he woke up happy!


-- 3/5/12 - 12 months, 2 days! --
I love this one. :)
 Here we see the Standard Mr. Bear Holding Procedure. Grab an arm or a leg in your fist and stick your thumb in your mouth. Voilá! Time for relaxing. 



My boy loves his bear!

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute post! I am sad I have not really spent that much time with little super Sam. We will have to do more mom time when we are back in the states before we head to Kansas.
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Sammy and his bear. I think sleeping props are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete